Monday, May 7, 2012

Agents Beware

Get ready, get set, AGENTS BEWARE! Now where did I put that pencil? With my goggles on to shield my one near-sighted eye from all of the banana mush as well as to collect salty tears of frustration and self-pity, I have begun to really submit my work folks.

After some positive feedback on one specific manuscript and an amazingly warm and fuzzy critique with the Picture Book Whisperer, Mira Reisberg, on another, I am in agent research mode. We will see where this takes me. Hopefully to a SBAWOTLC4ME.(Want Ad translation... small boutique agency with oodles of tender loving care for me.). =)

Whatever happens though, I have the strangest feeling that all will lead back to you banana peel blog, where embarrassing moments run the show.  Ahhh...such is life. Or at least, such is MY life.

P.S. Please forgive me for running over Mira Reisberg's Banana Peel Thursday post. I am still learning. I know not what I do....Reeling from her post as well as the 10,000 hit milestone, her banana peel moments did not get the attention they deserved due to my giveaway extravaganza. Please check her post out for it is so wise and worth your time. Also, she is extending a half-off special for her ecourse, Hero's Art Journey, where I am going to explore my creative and wild side this June. (I think I'll keep the goggles handy for that experience as well.)


13 comments:

  1. I so hope you attached this photo to the emails you sent to the agents? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Joanna, this picture was taken after I submitted my queries. What a shame.

      Delete
  2. You're so funny! I bet you'd get agents' attention if u direct them to this photo and blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I think it would definitely scare away a bunch. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I see you're so excited that you had to create a mirror image of yourself in which to house all that extra enthusiam! Hello, Mirror Elizabeth! Knock 'em dead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Renee! Thanks! I wish you a speedy recovery from poetry month! You did amazing things!

      Delete
  4. LOVE the goggles! I don't think you should ever take them off! :) Good luck with your agent hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susanna! I don't think I ever would if it wasn't for my daughter who gets sudden bouts of goggle envy when she catches me sportin' them around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture! Such a serious approach to all this with the protective gear! Good luck with the submissions! I am in the submission mode currently, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Penny you make me laugh! Yay you for submitting. I would buy your books in an instant! Best of luck to you. Please keep us all updated! :)

      Delete
  7. Farcical photo fan found falling from folding-chair!
    Good luck with queries and Hero's Art Journey!

    ReplyDelete